Priests are called to fight evil, but they cannot fight it alone. As attacks on the priesthood intensify, you have a vital role to play in supporting priestly renewal and vocations. Those men who have answered God's call depend upon you to wield the most powerful weapon against the evil one: prayer.
In this newly revised 2018 edition, celebrated retreat master and author Kathleen Beckman addresses the current abuse crisis facing the Church. She offers Church-approved ways in which you can contribute to the welfare of the Church. Priests, seminarians, consecrated religious, and laypeople will all benefit from insights into the indispensability of the Catholic priesthood, the mission of praying for priests in the context of the New Evangelization, testimonies of spiritual mothers and priests, and scriptural rosaries dedicated to priests, vocations, and reparation. Although both men and women are responsible for priestly renewal, Kathleen explains the special vocation of spiritual motherhood of priests. This vocation is embedded with graces that enable women to work together with Our Lady and the Holy Spirit for the sanctification of priests.
Holier priests lead to a holier Church. Because prayer is a source of grace and the mother of all virtues, you can call down showers of graces upon the priesthood. The Church and her priests need your prayers now more than ever, and here you'll find your special calling from God that must be fulfilled for the salvation of souls.
Included in this new edition are features, prayers, and topics such as:
- Expanded Chapter of Prayers, Devotions, Spiritual Practices.
- Lectio Divina at the end of each chapter.
- Current Crisis in Church: A Spiritual Battle Begs a Spiritual Response.
- The Ars Model: Priests, Warfare, Victory.
- The Urgency for the Salvation of Souls.
- “For Such a Time as This” (Esther 4:14).
- Holy Orders: Necessity, Beauty, Challenge.
- Priests Affect Our Growth in Holiness.
- Mary, Priests, and Spiritual Motherhood.
- The Role of the Laity.
- The Church’s Vision.
- Rosary Reflections, Stations of the Cross, and Litanies of Reparation.
- Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat.