Fr. Chacon & J. Burnham present clear and compelling answers to the most common objections of Atheists and New Agers of today's age.
- Introduction to Atheism
- Finding the Truth
- The Pursuit of Truth and Belief in God
- Why People Go Astray in the Search for Truth
- Proofs for the Existence of God
- The Roots of Modern Atheism Deism, Idealism, Pantheism, Fideism, and Empiricism, The Enlightenment
- Atheistic Systems of the 20th Century Materialism, Rationalism, Scientism, and Evolutionism
- Refuting Atheism
- Introduction to the New Age Movement
- The Roots of the New Age Movement
- Eastern Religions
- Modern Philosophy
- Modern Psychology
- The Human Potential Movement
- Miscellaneous Sources
- Refuting New Age Beliefs
- Refuting Hindu Pantheism
- Refuting Reincarnation
- Recommended Reading
From Beginning Apologetics Web page:
"Several weeks after releasing Faith and Reason, John Paul II emphasized that sound philosophy must be taught to all Catholic laymen, not just seminarians and theology students. He wants the average Catholic to have at least a beginner's grasp of current philosophical errors.
In order to help carry out the wishes of the Holy Father, we have compiled this booklet for those Catholics who don't have an extensive background in philosophy. We focus on the many ways that atheism is promoted today as well as on the false philosophies that are used to defend it. We devote a lot of attention to the French Enlightenment, which the Pope identifies as the source for many of the present atheistic ideologies.
Before we deal with the Enlightenment, we first discuss the pursuit of truth, errors in that pursuit, and proofs for the existence of God. We then look at some of the early modern philosophies that paved the way for the errors of the Enlightenment. Finally, we examine the period of the Enlightenment itself and the many atheistic systems it spawned."
Order Your Copy Today!